What is Tahini?
Tahini is a magical substance that I like to put in literally everything I cook. And now also everything that I drink. It’s a paste made out of sesame seeds and it’s basically liquid gold. Imagine a nut butter that tastes of toasted sesame with an umami-like flavor. Are you drooling yet?
What You Need to Make Tahini Hazelnut Iced Coffee:
- Strong chilled Coffee
- Honey (or sweetener of choice)
- Hot Water (to dissolve tahini)
- Coconut milk (or milk of choice.)
- Ice Cubes (unless you want hot coffee)
Tips for making Tahini Hazelnut Iced Coffee:
- Use good, strong iced coffee that is pre-chilled, or a coldbrew (just make sure it’s hazelnut.)
- Add a pinch of salt if your tahini is salt-free. It helps boost the flavor!
- Use a full-fat coconut milk or a creamy cashew milk.
Hazelnut Tahini Iced Coffee
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 cups brewed hazelnut coffee chilled
- 1 cup coconut milk or milk of choice
- optional: whipped coconut cream and hazelnuts for topping
Whisk together tahini, agave, and hot water until smooth and dissolved.
Divide the chilled coffee between two glasses with ice cubes. Pour the tahini sauce over each coffee.
Top each glass with half a cup of milk and enjoy!
Other tahini recipes on the blog