It’s no secret that I’m a big believer in custom brand photography. I’ve written extensively about it here and walk through how to source photography here and create a style guide here. So yeah, I’ve mentioned it a few times…
But think about it: if you’re trying to build connections and authority in a digital realm, why would you not try to show up as the best version of yourself in your images? Even though we might not realize it, we all feel more comfortable interacting with people online if we have plenty of proof of who they are and what they look like. And while I love some image subscription services (I own one myself) there truly is no substitute for your own imagery when it comes to showing up and building trust with your audience.
And if you’re wondering if it’s really worth the investment, I totally get it. That’s why I put together a list of 20 places you can use your custom brand imagery to make the most of it! I’ve found myself needing images for all of these things, so hopefully, you can plan ahead so you’re ready (like I wasn’t!)
20 Places to Use Your Brand Photography
- Your website page headers.
- Your about page–so many people forget to put pictures of themselves here!
- Email newsletters
- Canva templates for social posts/etc.
- Pinterest Pins.
- Press Releases
- Postcards with new offers/etc.
- Social media profile pictures
- Gmail account photo.
- Business Cards (having a small headshot on a card could be a unique way to stand out!)
- Titles pages for PDF Lead Magnets
- Social media headers (especially your Facebook group pages)
- Sales pages (I try to show up at the top of all of my sales pages to help build trust.)
- Email signature
- Media Kit
- Facebook (or other social media) ads
- Online course materials (if you create one.)
- Thank you cards
- Conference or networking events (where you sometimes need to submit a photo while registering.)
Grab my FREE Guide to discovering your brand photography style.